At Room2 we’re in the business of doing things a little bit differently. We’re not a hotel, nor an apartment – but instead a unique combination of the two; we are the World's first Hometel brand, and Southampton’s most unique accommodation offering, a 71 room property ideally located on Queens Terrace.
Our ‘Room-mates’, as we like to call ourselves, are a family of real people with real personalities, and we want to make our house like a home for our guests. We are people who approach strangers as friends, who share in the highs and lows of our guests’ days, and who take delight in welcoming back guests time and time again.
Our people have a story to tell. We all have passions, whether they be; DJing, organising talks, speciality cooking, teaching yoga, flower arranging, or running beehives and making honey. We bring our interests to work, and get time to spend on sharing this positive energy within our team, our brand and amongst our guests, through events and activities.
A Day In The Life
Room2 is recruiting for a Head Housekeeper to join our team in our design led hotel which is opening in Southampton in May 2018. It is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join at an exciting and vibrant time. You will need to bring exceptional drive, a strong background in Housekeeping management and a natural ability to inspire and lead from the front. This role would suit a Head Housekeeper who has a strong passion for ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness is maintained at all times, excellent people skills and an eye for the smallest of detail.
We’re new and we’re different. Room2 is design led Aparthotel for those who want to experience the unique and authentic. Connected, social and locally immerse, room2 is for those who want to live in the location, no matter what the length of stay. We are creating a new approach to Aparthotels. We’re redefining the market by challenging traditional hotel design through spaces that restore, inspect, connect and cultivate our guests and the local community.
- To inspect all hotel areas to ensure both the cleanliness and comfort of the hotels guests are maintained and that all standard amenities and touches are provided in rooms and public areas.
- Provide a visible and accessible floor presence in order to anticipate, understand and act upon housekeeping associates’ needs.
- To monitor and coach housekeeping staff in all training aspects within the department supporting their role when required including any training they may need.
- Monitor and maintain departmental standards through daily spot checks of hotel guest bed rooms and public areas. Occasionally, cleaning of guest bedrooms and public areas when required due to business needs.
- Collaborate with other departments in the hotel in particular with the front office team ensuring efficient turnaround of rooms and minimal guest defects.
- To carry out performance reviews and ensure that all housekeeping staff receives appraisals to discuss existing performance and areas of improvement for future career and developmental goals.
- Monitor and manage labour efficiencies and all other departmental costs